Sunday, September 9, 2012

Oodles of Cats



Cats seem to be everywhere these days. After I wake up in the morning with my cat 's bum on my face, 
many feline faces invariably greet me as I sip my coffee while browsing through my facebook wall and pinterest. 
At the other side of the room, Seba is at work creating the cats for his 2013 calendar.
Right now, Chapi sits on my tablet licking himself as I try to find a way around him to write these words.
What can I do? I am powerless against his charm.Yes, felines can be addictive. 
Often, when artists start portraying them, they seem to find it difficult to stop..
Here is my contribution to the madness.


Bill Sokol, Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats, 1958, thanks to Vintage Kids' Books My Kid Loves

Adolf Born, Le téléphone enchanté, thanks to maptitefabrique


Józef Wilkon, Rosalind das Katzenkind



Lydia MonksI wish I were a dog 



Elżbieta Wasiuczyńska, thanks to Polska ilustracja dla dzieci

Karel Franta, thanks to A Polar Bear's Tale


If you're in the mood for more, Animalarium's archives contain a bonanza of kitties by artists-cat addicts
Not to mention the wonderful cat scenes by Franco Matticchio and my upcoming series on cat books for children!

3 comments:

  1. I find Elżbieta Wasiuczyńska's work adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare Owen's cats are an absolute delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think of Wanda Gag's illustrations in Millions of Cats.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails