Saturday, February 26, 2011

Arabesque



This post was already on my mind since I love Arab art and calligraphy, 
today I dedicate it to all the Arab people fighting for their rights...
may your victory come soon! 

Bird shaped calligraphy, 17th century Iran,
from the Museum für Islamische Kunst in Berlin


Françoise Joire, Arabalphabêtes
 19th century Turkish wall painting in the shape of a lion, thanks to gramatologia


 Bismillah in the shape of an ostrich and
elephant shaped calligraphy by Hassan Musa

unidentified calligraphy found at BibliOdyssey

Jila Peacock, two animal shaped poems for Ten poems from Hafez

poster by Mehdi Saeedi 

Shahnawaz Alam Ahmed, poetry by Meer Taqi Meer, thanks to Ephemera Assemblyman

Salavat Ghilyazetdinov, Prophet's Horse, from the International Exhibition of Calligraphy

for more images and links check out 
BibliOdyssey's beautiful Zoomorphic Calligraphy post


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful examples, thanks! I love finding new visual poetry to look at and admire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very studious. Lovely examples. How do you find time to do so much research?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comments!
    McManis, I have worked in the past as iconographic researcher, I think that helps...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I particularly liked the image by Shahnawaz Alam Ahmed - I'm not familiar with his work but I'm planning to look him up. Have you heard of Everitte Barbee? He's an amazing calligraphy artist who does a lot of zoomorphic calligraphy. His rearing horse image is one of my personal favourites http://everitte.org/2011/06/28/darwishs-horse/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indiaphare, thanks for the link to this talented artist!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails